Dear Aimoo members,
Thank you so much for all your support for Aimoo over the years.
In order to improve website performance and the user experience, we are developing a new version of Aimoo and plan to do the version upgrades and data migrations in the near future. After the migration, the old Aimoo will no longer be used and maintained. For new members, we are sorry that the registration function in the old Aimoo will be unavailable from June 27. New Aimoo will do like old aimoo
1. Forum`s Version Upgrades:
1) Optimization of the basic functions (registration, posting, station letter, background management, the purchase of diamond membership, renewal, donation).
2) Upgrade of the online editor and picture upload function in the new Version
3) No Limitation of PVs in the new Version
4) The new version of the forum can be previewed in the new help forum and you can login to new aimoo if you are a member of old help forum.
5) The album function, friend function and custom skin sharing function are temporarily unavailable. After the version upgrade and data migration are completed, these three functions will be online again.
6) Preview: The new chat room function will be launched in the next version.
2. Forum`s data migration
1) Only forums with applications will be migrated. Here is the applications link: http://www.aimoo.com/newaimooapplication.cfm. Forum owners who need to retain original forum data when migrating to the new version will be required to fill in the relevant information on the application form. We will complete the migration of the forum`s old data according to the order of submissions. Applications will be accepted during the period of June 27 to July 11. During this period, every day from 0:00 am to 8:00 am (EST), the forum will be suspended. For the members who are failed to submit the forum`s data migration application during June 27 to July 11, we will handle it during the second stage. Please wait for the follow-up announcement notice.
2) The new version forum currently only retains the classic skin style, so please confirm that the old forum skin is restored to the classic style before submitting the forum data migration application, otherwise the data migration cannot work normally.
3)There may be problems in forums that have completed the data migration such as skin style, custom header and footer display, individual picture display, user rights and so on. All these problems can be solved through re-setting in the new management background, which will not affect the use of the forum.
4)The forum domain will be changed after data migration, for example , if the previous domain is http://luise.aimoo.com, the new domain will be http://luise.www.aimoo.com. but it is temporary, it will be same as it is before after the migration completed
5) We are sorry for the inconvenience caused by the forum`s data migration. So all forums that submitted data migration applications will receive a one-month diamond membership as compensation.
Thanks again for your understanding and support. Aimoo will get better and better with all of you!