This recipe makes a sweet smelling dough that can be made into ornaments or package decorations.
in all recipes, results can vary depending on humidity, conditions,
etc. Please try any recipe out before attempting in a group setting.
This project is rated EASY to do.
What You Need
- 1 1/2 cups ground Cinnamon
- 1 cup Applesauce
- 1/3 cup white School glue (like Elmer's)
- 1 medium sized Bowl
- Flat surface for kneading
- Wax paper
- Rolling pin
- Cookie cutters - various types
- Non-stick cooling rack
- Puffy paints, optional
How To Make It
- Mix cinnamon, applesauce, and glue together in a bowl.
- Remove from the bowl and knead the mixture until it turns into a firm clay.
- Let sit for about 30 minutes.
is best used at room temperature. You may need to dust your rolling
pin, hands, or working surface with cinnamon, or use wax paper as a
- Roll out clay with a rolling pin to approximately 1/8 of an inch thick.
- Use cutters to cut out desired shapes ( we like gingerbread men).
- If you are going to hang your shape, use a straw to cut out a hole near the top of the shape.
shapes on a non stick cooling rack or wax paper. You will need to keep
an eye on them and turn them over occasionally so that they dry evenly
and dry flat.
- Dry shapes for approximately 5 days.
- When dry you may put a ribbon through the hole for hanging on the tree or adding to a package.
- You may add puffy paint to decorate your shapes, if you wish.
ideas: Make an apple ornament to give to your teacher. Make heart
ornaments to give to your mother, grandmother, or aunt for Yule or