The Quick Guide to Candle Carving
The following is a brief summary of the steps to preparing a magical candle.
This page is handy when you need a reference.
1. ASSESS YOUR PURPOSE, keeping in mind what is best for everyone involved.
2. PURIFY AND PREPARE yourself for the focus and spiritual work ahead.
3. CHOSE THE CANDLE, SEALS from Candle Therapy or some other
candle book, OILS, and INCENSES suitable for your purpose.
4. DO DIVINATION about the results of the choices you have made for your magic.
5. TASTE THE HONEY on the finger which corresponds to the planetary
influence you would like to include. This is an important symbolic offering.
6. PREPARE & BLESS THE CANDLE JAR
7.CARVE THE SEAL(s), name(s), and astrological sign(s) in the wax.
(Mar 21-Apr 20) Aries Libra (Sep 23-Oct 22)
(Apr 21-May 20) Taurus Scorpio (Oct 23-Nov 22)
(May 21-Jun 21) Gemini Sagittarius (Nov 23-Dec 21)
(Jun 22-Jul 22) Cancer Capricorn (Dec 22-Jan 19)
(Jul 23-Aug 22) Leo Aquarius (Jan 20-Feb 18)
(Aug 23-Sep 22) Virgo Pisces (Feb 19-Mar 20)
8. APPLY OIL, which enhances the purpose of your request, on the candle.
9. (Optionally) APPLY GLITTER OR POWDERED INCENSE to the candle's surface.
10. POUR HONEY INTO THE CANDLE JAR. You can pour it in a clockwise circle or form an invoking pentagram.
WISHES WITH COPPER COINS. Drop a few pennies into the bottom of the jar
and make a wish with each one. Three is good for integrating and
relationships, Five is good for bringing blessings, six is good for
harmony, and nine is good for completion.
12.(Optionally) LIGHT INCENSE and drop it into the bottom of the jar.
(Original Source from http://www.candletherapy.com/page16.htm)