- wax (left-over candles will work fine)
- candle wicking (wicking from broken candles work fine, too)
- coffee can and pan
- pencils or chop sticks
- small cauldron (optional)
- Put the sand in the bucket and wet with water until it holds its shape when pressed.
- If you have a small cauldron, press it into the wet sand.
you DON'T have a small cauldron, use your fist to make the impression.
With a pencil (eraser end) make three indentations at the bottom of the
impression - these will be the cauldron legs.
- Insert the
candle wick into the bottom of the impression. Lay the chop stick over
the top of the impression and set the wick against it so it will help
support the wick once you pour the wax
- Put the wax into the
coffee can and set the coffee can in a pot of boiling water until the
wax melts. DON'T EVER LEAVE THE STOVE. Wax can catch fire!
- Wearing oven mitts, pour the wax into the impression in the sand.
- Allow to cool throughly. When cool, scoop the candle out with your hand