Western Astrology Signification
energies associated with each planet are affected by the sign in which
they fall in the following way. (Though due consideration will also be
given to other conditions within the astrological chart such as the
effect of aspectsto other planets, the housein which each planet falls,
and the classical elementin which the particular sign belongs to)
- Aries(cardinal, fire, personal): assertively, impulsively, defensively, energetic, head down.
- Taurus(fixed, earth, personal): resourcefully, thoroughly, devotedly, patiently, indulgently.
- Gemini(mutable, air, personal): logically, inquisitively, fast.
- Cancer(cardinal, water, personal): protectively, sensitively, clingingly.
- Leo(fixed, fire, social): generously, proudly, theatrically.
- Virgo(mutable, earth, social): practically, efficiently, critically.
- Libra(cardinal, air, social): co-operatively, fairly, lazily.
- Scorpio(fixed, water, social): passionately, sensitively, anxiously.
- Sagittarius(mutable, fire, universal): freely, straightforwardly, carelessly.
- Capricorn(cardinal, earth, universal): prudently, cautiously, suspiciously.
- Aquarius(fixed, air, universal): democratically, unconventionally, detachedly.
- Pisces(mutable, water, universal): imaginatively, sensitively, distractedly.
Western astrology classification
The four elements
sign is associated with one of the classical elements(fire, earth, air,
or water) and one of the three modalities (cardinal, fixed, or
mutable). It is also associated with an area of concern: personal,
social, or universal.
signs are associated with action, passion, and energy. In combination
with the other elements, fire feels that earth will smother it, water
will drown it, but air will fan and enliven it.
signs are associated with sensation, stability and practicality. In
combination with the other elements, earth feels that air will dry it,
fire will parch it, but water will refresh and nourish it.
sign are associated with thought, perspective and communication. In
combination with the other elements, air feels that water will obscure
it, earth will suffocate it, but fire will inspire and uplift it.
signs are associated with growth processes, identification and emotion.
In combination with the other elements, water feels that fire will make
it boil, air will evaporate it, but earth will shape and channel it.
The Qualities assign the Signs into Quadruplicities, groups of four.
Cardinal signs are associated with initiation and creativity. They are Aries, Cancer, Libra and Capricorn.
Fixed signs are associated with focus, individuality and determination. They are Taurus, Leo, Scorpio and Aquarius.
Mutable signs are associated with resourcefulness, holism and adaptability. They are Gemini, Virgo, Sagittarius and Pisces.
Phrases, keywords and concepts associated with each Western astrological sign
"I am," assertive, individualistic, enthusiasm, pioneering, leader,
competitive, action-oriented, defensive, passionate, head/skull
Taurus-- "I have," sensual, affectionate, possessive, cautious, acquisitive, musical, artistic, stubborn, patient, throat/neck
"I think," curious, multi-tasking, talkative, sociable, duality,
mercurial, whimsical, intelligent, informed, hands/lungs
Cancer-- "I feel," sensitive, tenacious, family and home oriented, helpful, nurturing, moody, stomach/breasts
Leo-- "I rule," passionate, bossy, loves attention, dramatic, independent, noble, creative, leader, egotistic, heart/back
"I serve," practical, work and service oriented, critical, common
sense, modest, intelligent, health conscious, fussy,
Libra-- "We are," partnerships, balance, grace, charm, debative, open-minded, cooperative, social, ideas, lazy, kidneys/lumbar
"I desire," intense, controlling, sexual, confrontative, deep,
skeptical, mysterious, obsessive, death, transformation,
"I seek," philosophic, fun-loving, arrogant, adventurous, expansive,
optimistic, blundering, believer, scattered, hips/thighs
"I build," ambitious, cautious, rigid, authoritative, cunning,
competent, saturnine, inclined to politics/business, knees/skeleton
"I know," friendships, humanitarian, cause-oriented, the group,
society, progressive, eccentric, elitist, sophisticated, objective,
"I surrender," feeling, duality, idealistic, spirituality, acceptance,
undiscriminating, soul growth, martyrdom, artistic, neglectful,
compassionate, feet/immune system